Sunday, December 21, 2014

Crescent's 2015 Wishlist of things that will likely happen

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!
Hi there, sorry for the lack of an update last week. I would like to lie and say that it was because I was getting ready for a Christmas special update.... but that would be a lie. I was just lazy and didn't have any review or post ready to write last week. Truth be told I STILL don't have anything to write this week, which is why I am going to use the end of the year to make up something that vaguely sounds like I'm actually doing some work. With 2014 coming to a close, we now can set our sights on 2015 and all the new games that await us in the coming 365 days, so what do I want to see in 2015? Well, here is a brief list of the things that will most likely happen.


Forbidden Magna

Hot Elf-like chicks in maid outfits in a SRPG crossed with an Inn Management Sim. Where do I sign!?
Released back in early October in Japan (and subsequently needing a patch to fix some of the game's bugs) Forbidden Magna was a game that I didn't know whether I wanted to play it or not. SRPG with cute girls? Hell yeah! Inn Management Simulation? Ummm..... But given my perpetuity for RPGs that are.... unusual to say the least (Conception II is currently in my 3DS), I was willing to try out this game. Unfortunately, thus far the only word about an US release in regards to this game is that XSeed games is "interested," and nothing more has been said. Come on! The 3DS is swimming with unusual RPGs, what's one more to the mix?

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Duh.
To start off this list is a game that has been announced that it SHOULD be released in 2015: Xenoblade Chronicles X. Thus far Nintendo has been fairly relaxed with revealing details of the game, not really playing it close to the chest but also not giving away a lot of information about the game. However, in their most recent Nintendo Direct, Satoru Iwata announced that they are "aiming" for a 2015 release. That means that not only is the release date not set yet, but it is also subject to delays. While the recent tweets from Monolithsoft does make it sound hopeful a early 2015 release is possible, it is just as likely that we won't have this game in our hands until next December... Or later. NINTENDO! THIS GAME IS ONE OF THE REASONS I GOT A WII U! DON'T MAKE ME WAIT TOO LONG!

NEW 3DS

Coming... When Nintendo feels like it!
The New 3DS (Nintendo really needs a different naming scheme for this stuff), has been released in Japan both in normal size and XL size. The System not only has a hardware upgrade, sporting a more powerful processor and the like, but also new features like a "second analog stick" (which is just a little nub above the ABXY buttons) and the ZL and ZR buttons. Personally, I really don't care that much for the 1.5 version of Nintendo's handhelds (The GBA SP, the DSi, etc. etc.) mainly because their hardware tends to last quite a long time, thus I never really needed to replace them. However, I might get a NEW 3DS because I'm having difficulty charging my regular 3DS, also it seems like newer games might ONLY play on the NEW 3DS due to it's greater hardware. Unfortunately, Nintendo is holding off on releasing the NEW 3DS outside of Japan... Not because there is any difficulty in adapting the hardware, but rather because they want to wait for the best time to maximize profits on the new system. Damn you Nintendo and being a company that needs a successful profit margin. Oh, Also speaking of Xenoblade... and the New 3DS

Xenoblade Chronicles

It looks so tiny. It's almost as if.... Oh my Sagan.
And now we have the MAIN reason why 90% of the gaming population are going to GET a NEW 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles is being ported to the system. Now I'm a little conflicted about this. On one hand, I have Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, I paid $50 for it... used, I pumped over 100 hours into it, I am unlikely to have enough time to spend that much time on a game again, I've beaten Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii, and the 3DS port will likely have some major downgrades..... On the other hand, it's Xenoblade Chronicles. Also I don't want to see this series go for over $100 on eBay again and I want Nintendo to realize that people like buying RPGs. So if it's at a good price, and they put enough original content (Like say being able to hook up with Melia) I'll probably get Xenoblade again.

There you have it. Next week, I'm going to talk about all the things I would like to see happen in 2015... But don't have a snowball's chance in hell of actually happening. Until then.

-Crescent, You think I have an obsession with this game?

No comments:

Post a Comment